Request an Account
Thanks for your interest in hiring from Alias.
Before we can get you going on your first hire, we just need to get the boring stuff out of the way. We can help you every step of the way if you have any questions. The following items are what we would require from you to get you started. Credit Checks will be carried out against registered companies to assess viability of credit accounts. All new clients will begin as a payment upfront accounts until a relationship has been formed.
For Registered Companies with a company number trading for over a year:
– The below form completed with references and company number.
– A copy of your insurance showing you are covered for hired in equipment.
For Freelancers and Sole Traders:
– The below form completed.
– ID: We would need to retain a valid EU Passport or Full UK Driving License for the duration of the hire.
– ID: We would need to take a copy of a Utility Bill or Council Tax Bill from the last 3 months for the address your card is registered to
– Deposit: We would need to take deposit on all hires. The amount will depend on the value of the equipment.
– Insurance: On orders with a kit value below £5000, insurance is optional. If you do not have insurance and loss or damage occurs, you are liable to the full replacement amount of the equipment.
Orders with a kit value over £5000 must have insurance documentation in place.
By completing the below form, you are accepting that you have read and understand the T&C’s of Alias hire (London) Ltd.
Deposits paid by Card will be returned as soon as possible but do allow for up to 7 days for the process to be completed. We require first time Freelancers or Sole Trader hirers to collect equipment from us in person to verify identity.
Here is a list of some broadcast equipment insurance suppliers that some of our clients use. There are of course other insurers that provide equipment hire cover for rental items, but this is a few that we are familiar with.